People often ask me what my favorite locations in Nashville are for portrait sessions. Well, folks, without further ado here’s my list:
The top five places to have YOUR photography session in Nashville: (click names to see posts with images from these locations)
1) Ellington Agricultural Center: This place has the perfect combination of settings for a great photo shoot. Rustic, wood buildings, mixed with brick archways & columned buildings, and more trees & trails than you could ask for! There are so, so many options when shooting here, but my favorite part is that you rarely run into others, so no worrying about strangers randomly appearing in the background and ruining the perfect shot!
2) Downtown Nashville: If you love this city as much as I do then images with the skyline in the background are an easy way to show off the city! The ability to park at LP Field (on most days) across the river and easily shoot with the full skyline in view make for some fun family or individual portraits. A short walk to the pedestrian bridge allows a new architectural concept into the shots for some variety. Once you cross the bridge to downtown, the numerous old brick provide great backdrops — especially great for a maternity session to show off that baby bump!
3) The Factory @ Franklin: The Factory is a fun, little place to stop by on a weekend for a little boutique shopping, pottery painting, or play viewing, but the outside is what makes this place so great for shooting. A lot of character in this old building with a balance of rustic and new finishes.
4) Percy Warner Park: Percy Warner Park is a popular runner/biker destination, but photographers love it, too! The stone steps make for some great backdrops and all the greenery and open space provide ample opportunity for a great photographic moment.
5) Centennial Park: If you want something that screams Nashville, but aren’t a fan of the skyline itself, then Centennial is the place to go. The Parthenon is a well known landmark and the columns provide one of the best dramatic lighting spots in town when the sun is shining! The pond, walking trial, and trees/flowers complete the park.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
And, this. Sweet baby and her proud parents, a fun session at Percy Warner!