In February I will turn 29.
My last birthday was celebrated on safari in Tanzania. My intentions for my 30th birthday are to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro. Those two things made the 29th birthday seem kind of lame, no matter what I tried to do. Needless to say,Â I had been kind of dreading it and not really looking forward to it.
Then, I decided to rock it.
Instead of celebrating the reminder that I’m quickly becoming an old lady, I created a “30 by 30” list — 30 things I want to do before I turn 30.
Here we go…
1. Be me, bravely. This one’s difficult to measure, but likely the most important on the list.
2. Run a 5k
3. Learn to sew
4. Speak Swahili (semi-fluently at least)
6. Get tattoo #2
8. Donate my hair
9. Take a class on a random subject
10. Go skydiving
11. Leave a 100% tip at dinner (to someone who deserves it)
12. Photo exhibit
13. Keep a journal
14. Complete a self-portrait project
15. Watch the sunrise & set in the same day
16. Win money at a casino
17. Write/mail 100 personalized notes
18. Eat vegetarian for one month
19. Get in the best shape of my life
20. 30 new restaurants/events in Nashville
21. Play in an ultimate frisbee tournament
22. Send an anonymous gift to a stranger
23. Refinish a piece of old furniture
24. Read through the Bible in a year
25. Watch the Top 25 Sports Movies (Based on ESPN’s list. I’ve seen quite a few, but have missed the big ones!)
26. Dance in the rain
27. Sponsor a child
28. Hold a big cat cub — or a penguin. Two totally different animals, but I’ve wanted to get my hands on some cubs since my first safari. And penguins are my favorite. Surely I can make one of the two happen!
29. Tour the UK athletic facilities
…and to wrap up the list, and my 30th year…
30. Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro!
Has anyone else created a list like this? A bucket list, perhaps? What’s on yours?